- Anonymous Donor In Memory of: Martha, Lorraine, Carroll & Louise (Jackie) Lozier
- H. Warren Tibbitts
- Jack Fraser
- Marjorie King
- Paul Nice
- Joshua Bernier
- Jessica Brooker
- Denise & Blaine Page
- Cody McEwen
- Michael Seile
- Kathy Civiello
- Eugene Duplisea
- Steve Craig
- Janet Maragus
- Janelle Cyr
- jay hayden
- Gail Rucci
- Sharon Trott-Reid
- Wanda Curtis
- Sue (Patchell) Coburn
- James Ferland
- Michael Crowley
- Peggy Stanley
Veterans Memorial Renovation
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED US KICK OFF THIS FUNDRAISING EFFORT!
IF YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO DONATE AND SUPPORT THIS GREAT PROJECT, PLEASE VISIT: https://www.gofundme.com/no-room-for-veterans
Project Leader: Michael Madore
Honor Our Region's Veterans
It’s time to honor our current veterans by renovating, restoring and expanding the existing veterans memorial located in Veterans Park in downtown Millinocket. Due to a lack of space, no additional names of veterans have been added since the Vietnam war. We need to expand the memorial to honor those who have served and add their names.
The Monument was first constructed in 1987 by two funeral directors with the cooperation of local veterans groups. Currently there are 2040 names engraved on the memorial. It is estimated that 600 additional names should be added to the memorial. Several are omissions of those who served in World War I, World War II, the Korean war, and the Vietnam war. The remainder are those who fought and served since. The local veterans organizations no longer have the membership or the funds available to maintain the memorial, let alone restore and expand it.
The restoration and expansion is planned in four phases. This fundraiser aims to support the first phase.
Drawing of the planned expansion:
- Purchase and place three pedestal stones 6 feet behind and a foot higher than the existing pedestal stones, at an estimated cost of $7,500.00. To start in the spring of 2018.
- Build out of a new patio and retaining wall to prevent future erosion from splash back onto the stones. This phase will include ground work to resurrect the existing stones, and prevent the new stones from sinking into the ground. It also includes a flag pole and lighting. The estimated cost is $10,000.00
- Purchase three monument stones (two 6ft tall, and one 8ft tall) and placement on the pedestal stones. The estimated cost is $10,000.00.
- Engraving 500-600 names of veterans, past and present. The final cost depends on the number of verified names, and the total number of names that have been eroded and need to be restored.
Project Budget: $2,500.00
Seeking $2,500.00 of $7,500.00 for the first phase of the project. The project leader, Michael Madore, is working with local and national veterans associations to help raise the remaining funds.
Estimated at $35,000. $27,500.00 in material and installation costs. The remainder is dependent on the number of names that need to be engraved on the placed stones.