Our Katahdin is seeking a volunteer, Board Member position of Treasurer. Our Katahdin is a Millinocket based, community development focused 501(c)3 non-profit organization. The organization splits its focus on Katahdin region community development and efforts to redevelop the former Great Northern Paper Company campus, now known as One North. The position of Treasurer will also include oversight of GNP West dba One North Maine, GNP Holdings II, and Our Katahdin Investments.
The desired candidate will have the following competencies:
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and balance sheet management
- Past 501(c)3 non-profit experience
- Working knowledge of accounting software including Quickbooks
- Understanding of Single Audit requirements
- Strong background in non-profit governance and compliance
- Working knowledge of federal and state grant administration
- Positive outlook and teamwork are a necessity for this role.
- Understanding and shared interest in Our Katahdin’s vision for a more vibrant Katahdin region
As a Board Member of Our Katahdin, the selected individual will need to be willing to participate in regularly scheduled Board meetings, as well as periodic team meetings on short notice as required (typically focused on economic development initiatives at One North).
Our Katahdin is requesting a cover letter and resume of interested individuals by 5:00 PM on October 27, 2023. Local and past residents of the Katahdin region are encouraged to apply. Please email responses to Michele McInnis, Our Katahdin Operations Manager, at michele (at) ourkatahdin (dot) com.